Liguria’s Gulf of Poets near Cinque Terre is the ideal destination for Bleisure Travel. A corporate retreat in this part of the Italian Riviera allows you to combine perfectly a business trip with a vacation for attendees to make the most of their time, to network, experience and relax. If you are committed to corporate social responsibility (CSR), a conference venue like Grand Hotel Portovenere collaborates with local associations to promote social and environmental sustainability.
Bleisure Activities in the Gulf of Poets – Cinque Terre – Tuscany
Among the unforgettable experiences in the Gulf of Poets that you can include in your business-leisure trip near Cinque Terre are:
- Tour of the Poets: a boat tour between Portovenere and Lerici listening to songs and poems by artists that loved the Gulf of La Spezia.
- Spezia’s Oyster Farms: an exclusive boat excursion that includes sailing around the Islands of Palmaria – Tino – Tinetto, and a visit to the oyster farms in La Spezia.
- Marble Quarries: a visit to the Apuan Alp to see the quarries of Carrara in neighboring Tuscany, where Michelangelo would choose the blocks for his masterpieces.
- Wine of Cinque Terre: a visit in the dynamic vineyards of Riomaggiore (Cinque Terre), where delegates meet a local winemaker and enjoy wine tasting.
- Cooking Course: the participants of your corporate event learn how to make fresh pasta and pesto sauce, how to filet and marinate fish, how to make the famous Tiramisù, with the Chefs at Palmaria Restaurant in Portovenere.
Other activities that can be enjoyed in the territory, and that are ideal for teambuilding or bleisure, include sailing, hiking and cycling.
Destination Meetings and CSR in Portovenere – Cinque Terre
Some of the abovementioned experiences are the result of the collaboration between Grand Hotel Portovenere and Associazione per il Mare, a local association that carries out educational and social activities in the Gulf of Poets.
If you want to put CSR at the heart of your corporate event in Italy, by participating in one of those experiences during your Destination Meeting you will support the environment, the territory and will contribute to solidarity projects in the Gulf of La Spezia.
Portovenere and Cinque Terre are listed in the World Heritage Sites by UNESCO and are located in protected areas inside the Cinque Terre National Park and the Porto Venere Nature Park. By organizing your bleisure trip in low and mid season (spring and autumn), you also help the local environment and small businesses to avoid the effects of overtourism and to enjoy a sustainable event.
Venue for Business Meetings, Teambuilding and Conferences in the Gulf of Poets
Grand Hotel Portovenere is located right in front of the harbor with maritime connections to Cinque Terre, La Spezia, Lerici, Palmaria Island and Versilia (Tuscany). It is 96 km (59 miles) away from Pisa International Airport “Galileo Galilei” and 120 km (74 miles) away from Genoa International Airport “Cristoforo Colombo”. Its garage offers you the luxury of parking right next to the historic center of Portovenere.
The historic property features the Lerici meeting room, which is able to accommodate up to 120 guests and can be set-up to suit the needs of any kind of event, from conferences to product launches, from exhibitions to staff meetings. The Chef and his team at Palmaria Restaurant Portovenere can customize a selection of menus for business lunches, gala dinners and coffee breaks.
The luxury hotel also offers the two smaller meeting spaces, called Sala Magnolia and Sala Mody Dick, which can host tastings, private dinners and small business meetings. Depending on the table set-up, they can host respectively about 10 and 18 guests. They are perfect for exclusive board meetings in Porto Venere.
During your bleisure conference, the event managers at Grand Hotel Portovenere can incorporate activity-focused networking opportunities, such as a creative and fun workshop with LEGO® Serious Play®.
For any question and for more ideas on how to organize your bleisure event near Cinque Terre